January 22, 2011

My Crooked Path

This week my horoscope told me to make my optimism contagious! While I usually take horoscopes with a grain of salt, this one sure made sense considering THE BIG CHANGE that happened in my life this week. My daughter reminded me to: Accept the way God does things, for who can straighten what he has made crooked? (Ecc 7:13) And another daughter urged me to do what I have to do to simplify my life, and cut out things that are stopping me from being able to use my talents and gifts to cultivate my life.  I'm encouraged to create what I want now that I have the opportunity. I’ve received support and love from so many friends and family members this week that I find it hard NOT to be optimistic!

In the midst of winter, with new snowfall drenching the trees and the smell of wood smoke wafting from chimneys, I shall begin to cultivate the garden within. As the old saying goes, “A garden is a poor man’s apothecary.” Time to begin the lettuce seed pods in my Aerogarden!


3 comments:

  1. I know that God is going to use this time to allow you to "cultivate the garden within". You are right, only God can straighten what He has made crooked. He uses the crooked paths, the rough roads, and the mighty mountains to strengthen us and draw us closer to Him. I have definetly found that to be true along my own crooked path.

    Welcome to the world of bloggers Bonnie!

    Love through Christ, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mom! We are like a blogging family! Totally sophisticated intellectually we ladies are. xo

    ReplyDelete