February 24, 2011

Hands of Wisdom

Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honor. Prov.3:16
What has compelled me in the past is no longer. I had let opinions others had of my work or me directly link to my happiness. Success can be whatever I need it to be. For me, success is just a measure, a reading of my talent, in a moment in time - the balanced realization of moral and worthy ideas.

Life creates a demand for wisdom. When my path turns crooked, I can draw on this divine resource. I’ll not be insulted if I ask. God has a great attitude.  Get wisdom, Solomon said. "If you find yourself close to it, reach out and grab it. Don't let it pass you by. Stop and listen, then get it for yourself where you can take it home and let it sink into your life."  I’m discerning my beloved family and friends in a new way…turning my ear…opening my heart…letting their love sink in.

Nearly two centuries ago, the Irish poet and singer Thomas Moore said, “We may have to learn again the mystery of the garden: how its external characteristics model the heart itself, and how the soul is a garden enclosed, our own perpetual paradise where we can be refreshed and restored.”  I'm learning again the mystery of my life.  Ultimately real success is waking up in the morning and saying "yes."

2 comments:

  1. Allowing others' opinions to color our happiness is an easy trap to fall into. I've been guilty of that many, many times! I'm so glad that God is showing you all the love your family and friends have for you! "For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will take delight in your with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs." (Zephaniah 3:17)

    He's rejoicing now =)

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love that picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete